Friday, August 8, 2008

Thank you for your prayers

Well it has been a long week. We have appreciated all of your prayers. The visitation and funeral were well attended, as expected due to how loved Pastor was. A former vicar and the president of the District performed the beautiful service and Pastor's son and wife spoke such messages of hope. They were amazing. I know I could never be so put together and share messages of hope. God is powerful to give such strength. The funeral was healing and now there is a feeling of need to pick up pieces and grow together. It is amazing to watch and exhausting at the same time. Ed and I were asked to sit with the other pastors and wives. Awe inspiring. To hear 45 pastors singing with all of their hearts, 'Abide in Me'....sends shivers down one's spine. My in laws came to watch the kids at the funeral and I am so grateful.

Several times in the past week, Ed's focus, strength and faith has brought me to tears. I have faith in my husband- but to watch it....makes trusting God even easier. Truly, we are taking just one day at a time and praying for every step we take. This is the only way to find our way. The District president asked a retired pastor to preach this week's sermon. Ed just did not have time. He did well last week adapting a sermon from one of his Sem classes....but this week he is so grateful to focus on the hundred other areas that require his attention. Your prayers, emails and support have been felt and so much appreciated.

I accepted a RN position in the nearby small city. I am very excited about it, however received another call today regarding a community position attending to the needs of a child in the public school. Ed and I are praying about this as would offer so much more stability for the kids. When God provides, he provides so much!!! Lots to pray about this weekend and a decision to be made on Monday. Leaning on God's guidance and prayers!

No comments: