Sunday, August 24, 2008

The greatest of these is LOVE


So often I am tense after church. It is not unusual to have one or two of my charges in their rooms after church for blurting, fighting or general disrespect during church. It has been getting so much better. Mostly due to the fact we sit right up front. No, not because Dad can keep a stern eye on them....he has many more things to worry about. I have found that the older congregants sit up front and my Leah in particular is a tad scared of the men, and becomes a meek little kitten. Today, much of the service was spent with Luke's arm around his sister, whispering encouragement with her little activity book or rubbing her back. My heart beamed with pride. I so often feel like I am failing as a mother.....this week was filled with many time outs, grounding, and overall discouragement. Impulse control, drama and general childhood fun will continue to test my parenting. But,God has shown me that my children have learned compassion and love and LOVE each other.
But now faith, hope, and love remain--these three. The greatest of these is love.
1 Corinthians 13:13

No comments: