Wednesday, August 13, 2008

New Job!


God is Good! I did receive the new job...driving only 6 miles (reimbursed), and working only during school hours -3 days a week. Calling our new babysitter to discuss the hours made me cry "Mommy Happy Tears". There is only a 1/2 hour between schools out and Mom is home. No weekends, no evenings, no holidays or school breaks.....roads bad enough to cancel school...... = SNOW DAY for Mom too. It's the easy life of a teacher.......... HA HA HA. Teachers are worth their weight in GOLD!!!! It was suggested that I could be a classroom presence to ease the stress of the teacher and behavioral problems of students. I expected as much and I know I will be blessed in many ways from this position. Telling the former job offer was easier than I feared.....she understood a Mama's dilemma.

My husband is very happy. This will relieve his stress in many ways. This weekend's prayers were about finding peace in our decision with the job decision. On Saturday night, Ed was called to the hospital to pray with a teen before a surgery. If I was working evenings and weekends..... he would have to have a backup person to come and stay with the kids, delay his hospital visit or not go at all. He did not return home until midnight. Neither option would have been good. So we are content with the job decision and trusting God that the future is in his hands.

Difficult decisions remain on the church front. Muddling through grief is hard. I have no idea how one does this without prayer. Thank you for your prayers!!

3 comments:

Melissa said...

What an awesome job! There must be a student with needs in the classroom? I am glad your prayers were answered. I miss you too!

Anonymous said...

Patty this is wonderful!!! I'm so so happy it worked out so well for you :)

Chris said...

Patty
We really miss you at st anthonys hospice I glad God provided you with a job that works so well with your family youll do great

I think of you often we have had lots of changes and staff is having difficulty adjusting