Monday, June 2, 2008

Updates

Quick updates
*House is quite a bit packed.....I hesitate to do too much more....The children still need some resemblance of a home. I still need to sort through the garage. I'm thinking my hints to Ed need to become even more direct. I just know there are awful critters in this detached garage. I can't even post the "M" word. There really isn't much to sort there either....I hope.

*Preparing to see Kate and family this weekend. YEAH! (I'd link to her blog...but she doesn't have one....YET!)

* Next week will be my last full week of work. My replacement is doing a great job...in fact they cancelled me today as the hospice house was full, and she could work with the other admission nurses in the main hospital. Don't feel too sorry for me! I had a great day....shopping for couch covers, getting my hair cut and even ate Mexican! Then I cleaned house and packed without little helpers!!

*I float around the job web sites....looking for a huge sign on bonus that only will require a year's commitment. Still looking!!!!!! HA HA! I called a member of our new congregation in hospice. She thought they could work around my allergy to cigarettes....but only hired full time hospice nurses.....that means 50 hours plus!! And per Diem nurses without benefits. It appears I will be getting a sabbatical from hospice!

*Tonight I had a good conversation with a friend in California.....while Leah "braided" my hair. I love having my hair played with, until I realized she cut a 2 inch lock of hair off. And I just had the beautician cut 2 inches off. I'm hoping it doesn't show to much after a shampoo and hair dry. Thank you God, for wavy hair.

*Lastly, I am just on a countdown.....13 days to see Ann and family!!!! I can't wait!!!!

Then when we return home.....a quick trip to see Ms Piggy and J and all of the changes they have. All of these wonderful trips to see friends and family will bring us so much happiness!!!

This month will just fly by...then 6 days back home with grandma and more family for the 4th of July and on to our new home and church. For now, I will be counting down the days limiting Wii use in the house! It's a lot of fun!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOOHOOOO! Can't wait till you get here! I heard you say you booked the hotel...WHAT?! You are staying here with us! :)