Sunday, June 15, 2008

Leaving on a jet plane!


In just a few hours....Luke and are on our way to Ann ....and Owen (and the rest of the family). I am looking forward to sight seeing and new experiences, but mostly to catching up with good friends. Ann and family are a lot of fun and Ann teaches me so much!! She is so faithful in God's word. I am looking forward to going to her church as well.

The bags are packed....but no camera????? I'm afraid it's still in the van with Ed and Leah, from our trip to see Kate and family (again wishing I could link :-)). I had to unpack my old faithful camera to take on this trip -- because there will be pictures that I need to scrap! Ed attended the ordination of a really good friend, who started this journey with us. He was so excited to share all of the details. It's easy to imagine next year for Ed!!

I am completely in vacation mode!! Not much house packing has been done in the last 2days!!! I had my last scheduled work day on Friday. My amazing co workers gave me a wonderful party.....with meatless Italian food and a "good"-bye exercise similar to an empathy one I gave the team last year. I will be working as a floor nurse for 2 days when I return from vacation....so it really hasn't hit me yet. I did have to say goodbye to my boss, this is all becoming so sad. I hate Goodbyes. I thank God for such an amazing place to work and this made such a difference in our Seminary experience.

One of my best gifts was A DR PEPPER CAKE!!!!! Yes...it does exist and was wonderful, chocolate and moist. Dr Pepper was in the frosting as well! I know you need the recipe......

Dr. Pepper Cake Recipe
1 cup butter or margarine (butter is better)
1 cup Dr. Pepper soft drink
2 cups unsifted all-purpose flour
1 1/2 cups sugar
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon baking soda
pinch salt
4 tablespoons cocoa
2 beaten eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup buttermilk
1 1/2 cups miniature marshmallows

Dr. Pepper Frosting-
1/2 cup Dr. Pepper soda pop
1/4 cup butter or margarine
3 tablespoons cocoa
3 cups powdered sugar
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 teaspoon vanilla

Melt butter. Add the Dr. Pepper soft drink and stir well. Mix all of the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl. Add the eggs, buttermilk, vanilla, and marshmallows. Pour the Dr. Pepper mixture over the rest of the ingredients in the mixing bowl. Mix them together well. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit in a greased 9x12inch pan for 30-35 minutes.

Dr. Pepper Frosting Instructions- Heat Dr. Pepper soda pop, cocoa, and butter or margarine, but don't bring to a hard boil. Stir in rest of ingredients and mix together well. Spread Dr. Pepper frosting on while cake is still hot.

It is delicious....although doesn't taste just like Dr. Pepper...it is unlike anything I have ever had. I WILL be making this. I thought about making one for Ann...but didn't want to carry it on board.....and Ann has already planned our Dr. Pepper!!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I hate goodbye's too. Jannessa has already had several meltdowns about saying goodbye. It will be especially hard on her. I am excited to move and start the next phase of our life but there are so many things and friends I will miss. I am so glad I started this blogging thing cause I know it will help me stay connected to everyone.

Anonymous said...

YAY! You are here, and we are going to make that cake.

I'm so glad you're here, Patty. I hope you have a great time here in the hills.