Saturday, June 21, 2008

Vacation highlights

Wow -- what a week!

Luke and I had a blast!! Luke loved riding an airplane. We were unable to sit together....but he made new friends....and shot me looks making it quite clear that he didn't need a Mom reassuring him in front of his new 20-something buddies!

We loved reconnecting with Ann and family.....just picking up from our last visit. Luke and Owen have been friends -- as Luke says "since we have been born!" Ann and I met when she was pregnant and we were waiting for Luke. Both boys have been named for Star Wars (even if I didn't realise it at the time!) The light sabers and wii received a lot of attention. Ann lives in a very beautiful state!!!! It was a joy to drive. We checked out a really neat amusement park and all the extra perks it had to offer! The kids loved the park and played non stop.....having to be separated at bedtime if anyone was going to get any sleep. Ann and I found a million things to talk about and I was able to attend a prayer meeting at her new church!

On Thursday, Luke and I drove to the Ocean!!!!! His reaction was the same as Leah's pure LOVE!! He said a million times "I'll never forget this". We splashed in the ice cold waves and then walked the boardwalks....and won a Pokemon. In the morning, we found a new beach and played in the sand. All was perfect until the flight home when my ear drum ruptured as the plane doors closed. The stewardesses insisted I not complete the trip home and at our mid stop....I received the same news from my Dr. God again provided this city as home to my brother in law and his lovely wife. We were going to visit them on Sunday anyway....so Ed and Leah drove down today and we will leave a day early. My ear is muffled and crackles....but a cotton ball is all that I need for comfort. I will see my Dr on Monday or Tuesday.....but should recover fine (If I stay out of the air for a while!)

Tomorrow, we will tour this fine city and will have lots more to share I'm sure! I also need to tell you about my experiences with my loaned child "Jill the GPS system" and Ed's visit to our new home and church. But off to bed now to recover from "jet lag" and prepare for more fun!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

OUCH! I could not imagine the pain! I hope you recover and have fun moving. I know I am excited to move but I am not enjoying the process of moving!!