Thursday, February 21, 2008

Gottcha Day

Happy Gotcha Day Luke!!!!! It is amazing 8 years has past since THE court date. To hear the words...."I agree with this adoption". A load of pressure just flew off our shoulders. The birth certificate changed to our names.....I am amazed by that. It makes it so easy to pretend the adoption part never happened. We believe in sharing our kids story with them.....It's their life. But, I can see why some families don't. It has been a wonderful 8 years......wouldn't change a thing. I realize though......He'll be 9 soon.....the childhood years under our guidance is HALF over. Now, hopefully he'll continue to seek our guidance and support in his adult years. And I hear....you never stop worrying. But his childhood is speeding by in a blink....the next will be even faster.....and I bet challenging in the teen years. I am so GRATEFUL to be Luke's mother. Thank you God!!!!!!

3 comments:

PJ said...

My husband is an adopted child. He is the amazing man he is today because someone loved him and called him son and brother!! Bless you.

Anonymous said...

I still remember how happy a day this was for you! So much relief and joy! I'm glad we share the same "Gotcha" month with you since you were the ones who led us to Foster Care/Adoption. God blessed us with Nate as well as making your family a part of our lives. We love you! Matt, Shelley & Nate

Ann said...

I agree with Shelley!! I remember it too! Lukie with his little Jar Jar Binky. Little tiny Lukie...Patty where has the time gone?? Our baby boys are big boys now. No more little baby feet, big boy stinky feet now. Isn't it great?