Monday, January 12, 2009

Cabin Fever

Today I drove home from work in a white out blizzard. PRAISE GOD it was only 6 miles! I am so thankful to have this job and not the first one I had accepted 27 miles away. A member of our church loaned Ed a snow blower for the winter!!! YEAH!!! Tomorrow is a least a 2 hour delay for school. Double YEAH!! (from my kids)!!!

I hear other lifelong Iowas complaining that there is too much snow! I am trying really hard not too.... but winters in Seminary City were so much easier. Today, all of us safe and warm at home, Leah looks out the window and jumps up and down shouting SNOW!!!!!! Ed and I began laughing hysterically. I guess it was one of those times, that you had to be there, but she was as excited as if she saw this.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Patty,
Enjoy the snuggly days with your sweet family! Stay warm and safe and play Wii or scrapbook :) Kate

Anonymous said...

My boys wish we had snow. It just isn't happening. We did get colder temps today, though. The bank said it was 10 degrees when I dropped the kids off at school. Nothing compared to your -25 without the windchill even. Stay inside, all cozy and warm, drink lots of hot cocoa :)