Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Hair update and Lots of Prayers

I was able to buy a CHI....so I again have a very happy girl. It involved a couple trips to Bed Bath and Beyond. Picking up a rain check at Target....running in the rain downpour back to BB and B for the safest hair straightener around. Big brother,Luke not so impressed with all the shopping. I don't know how it works, but it does! Leah's hair is slinky soft and straight. Brittney at Cool Cuts creates a very sleek look....I'm close -- hopefully with practice....It will look even better. I am so happy I haven't ruined her hair yet.....I have been reading lots on the internet about CHI safety....and a thread came up for a mother of a nine year old that goes to the salon weekly with her daughter, because she can not do her hair. I am grateful the Leah and I learned as she grew. Some of the comments had more to do with self image, and what Mom was doing to harm or help. I am terrified this is happening. When we talked about still doing braids for the safety of her hair..she was so upset because "My friends like it straight". The "princess stuff" I get.....even the "Dancing with the stars glamour". I am praying hard that I make the right decisions to help Leah feel positive in who she is ....such a beautiful child of God....inside and out. Healthy and Happy and KNOWING the love of Jesus means so much more than hair.

2 comments:

Ann said...

Hi Patty! I got your message today too.

I have no doubt that Maleah and Luke will know who they are in Jesus Christ. They couldn't have a better mom and dad to teach them!

PJ said...

She's absolutely beautiful!! I wonder if a CHI would do something for my "Chemo curls". I may just have to try it. I cannot get my hair straight...not with the blow dryer, even when I try hard. I've decided to live with the "Orphan Annie" look!! But mabe with the CHI....????