Thursday, March 13, 2008

A little of this - A little of that

My mind is fried.. time for bed.

A week ago I was able to buy a DVD maker system to convert my precious adoption videos and kids life videos to DVD. (great deal at ALDIs) Thanks M and R (my in laws)!!!

I didn't have the guts to actually start the process until today.
Because I am completely technology stupid!!!! My fears have been realized. My friends at Best Buy said there is no reason why it should not work....and it does...just the audio. Now actually, I am grateful to at least have my precious babies voices recorded...I just need to see their cute actions, smile and adorableness as well. I know it's possible and I have not given up.... Maybe a good night sleep will help me convert the 260 page online manual to Patty English. It's in English...but DV this and Skkkllloijiej cable that that might as well be in alien language. The pictures don't even make sense tonight. Once I figure it all out...I will be writing my own manual in language and pictures I can understand!! Then I will work on my blog.......I'm sure you all have noticed that I gave up nicknames....other than my daughters given name that when google brings her name up! I wanted to add index and such to the sidebars, but again technology ignorant....so will need to call Ann this weekend. Anyway...

Some week highlights

*The barbie hair is still straight!! She wears a shower cap in the bathtub...as she isn't due for a hair wash until Saturday. My touchups with my straighener is making the ends frizzy....so I will be using my birthday money to buy a CHI. My bosses stylist is willing to help me out. YEAH! a CHI will save me so much time and anxiety over frying her hair!!

*Still know nothing about Call day...other than rumors that the placements have been slow to come in. NOT worrying!!

*Took Luke to an orthodontist this morning to assure the spacing in his teeth will not be overcrowding. Need a special xray...but the Dr isn't too worried.

*Looking into buying tickets to see Ann in 3 short months. With the threat of gas prices. Airfare will probably just skyrocket. I received the time off- Yeah!!!!

Lots of boyscout activities this weekend.... Luke will be having a sleepover and Maleah a babysitter...so date night planned on Saturday...maybe a movie, maybe dinner, maybe hanging out at Barnes and Nobles....that's the cheapest date night! Well see!

Good Night...Lets hope my head will clear to get the video to work tomorrow night. My friends at Best Buy will get a visit as well for a new S video cord!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

When I first read your post, I thought it said placemats for Call Day instead of placements. What does the Sem need placemats for...ahhh, another tired mind here. Miss you and glad to hear that all is well. Enjoy Date Night...what are those? Kate :)

Ann said...

YAY! We are ready for you to fly over here :)

by the way, I bought my chi at Target. I think it costs a little less there than at a salon.

And I always laugh when you say you will call me for techie help, because I am technologically deprived as well! But, it's fun to pretend I know what I'm doing.

Anyway, can't wait till this summer!!