Monday, December 31, 2007

Prayers needed

I am wishing checking in to wish you all a very Happy New Year. I am not ringing in the new year tonight as I was asked to switch from working today until tomorrow morning. That worked out fine because Shark Boy was in great need of a "Mommy-Luke" day. His good friend died on Saturday. I am at a loss on how to best comfort him. He did seem to enjoy bowling with his mom. I know I am holding both of my kids much tighter the last 2 days....and am so sad for Caleb's family. His family was on the same journey we are and I can not imagine their sorrow.
Please keep Jerry, Gretchen and Noah in your prayers. It may be selfish...but please keep Luke in your prayers. Monday, he goes back to school and his class, teachers and school are grieving as well. I am so grateful there will be counselors available to the children and a special portrait of Caleb and Jesus is being prepared for the classroom.
Thank you,

God's Blessings,
Patty

2 comments:

Ann said...

Patty I'm so sorry. I am praying for Luke and the family of his friend.

Anonymous said...

Shark Boy is in our thoughts and prayers, as is Caleb's family.Caleb is safe in the arms of Jesus...the journey is so much harder on those left behind.Hugs...Kate :)