Saturday, December 29, 2007

Christmas




I hope you all had a very Merry Christmas. We did many times over. We enjoyed 3 family Christmas' and received an overflowing van's worth of gifts. But the best part was celebrating Christmas eve with a young church that we helped to start about 5 years ago. 5 years ago, there was not enough members to do a Christmas eve service so the church was used by another denomination who was in the midst of building a church. We attended that service with a tiny baby....dressed in her Christmas finery. This year there was almost 100 people in the congregation. 12 children performed the initial singing and there was a beautiful candle lit "Silent Night" near the Christmas Tree. My tears would not stop flowing....with all the hope there is for this wonderful congregation. Even if we are not to be members....we love this young church. We praise God for blessing this congregation. They are soon to ask for chartership and a good friend is finishing his schooling to help lead them.
I am waiting for pictures from home as I forgot the camera.....Can you believe it? ...but my family took lots of pictures for me to scrapbook! Aunt M. can you send me the one of MG in her pink cowboy boots and santa dress?
We were very blessed to slip into our hometown between snow storms. Although we missed an uncle and cousin, we were glad they stayed safe. Since Christmas, I have been working lots to try and get a little extra money for a trip to CA. Yes!! 12 more days to see good friends, D & M and their little girl K aka __????__. MG is coming with me and is SOOOOO excited to see K. We are not doing much tourist activities or Disney, because of the cost. But especially because SB is not coming and I would be the worst mother in the world if his little sister saw Disney, the ocean and had a plane ride before he did! She will take a plane ride and see the ocean...but he was ok with this because he want's to see Owen's new home this summer. 4 year girl fun bores him crazy anyway! We will love to see our friends...but the real reason we are going is to see how I react to an arid climate. Dr. Cooper even said I could "trigger" my sinus' into behaving. I have no medical rational how this would work...but I'm all for the idea!!!
*I need to think of an aka for K. "spunky girl" is already taken! I have writer's block -- even with the thesaurus!! I need to get to bed. Today must have been more stressful than I thought. I even had the hardest time remembering my password --- and it's my old favorite. GOOD NIGHT!!
Blessings, Patty

No comments: