Tuesday, December 4, 2007

The big meeting

Well last night at 9 PM, We had our offical big meeting with the placement director. Yes, thats right -- 9 PM. I wanted to say no way for a dozen reasons...most of which it is bedtime for kids and sometimes for Mommy. Thank Goodness for good friends like W and S to watch the kids in their jammies. We were tired. He was tired. But it is done....the frustrating part was he wanted to hear similar answers that we gave last year. But the good part is he feels we will be placed in the West side of the state we want....or the East side. Both would be great! If this doesn't work - he plans to talk to the south district of the State to the North of our home state or the East part of the state to the West of our home state. Confusing enough? This code writing to protect my family from the evils of the net is confusing...but I think most of you will understand where. His plan is convertible and as close to home as possible. We vote for that. We do know nothing is guarenteed and God will place us in the best place. As he has our friends! Our first hope is a good match for B, and a good match for our children...especially MG, then a place not on a big river due to the allergies. He did comment that it will limit the houseboat ministry - he had planned for us. I had dropped my request for Hospice. Now that I feel we might go closer to home. I wish I had placed a bigger focus....but God knows. I just hope he knows I can not do a nursing home! Oh Please-- I hope he knows that! We will know more in April.
Blessings, Patty

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I so remember the stress,anxiety and worry of the interview and the whole process. It will all work out...God's plan is so much better than our own...His plan in His time. You are in my prayers. God Bless you all. Kate :)

Ann said...

Hi Patty! Nahhhh, I'm not going to follow through on the phone call. I don't have time (heehee!) but I PROMISE I won't come down with pneumonia <3