Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Memories

I should be doing a million other things to get ready to go home in 4 days ...for 4 days!! YEAH! But I have a poor memory especially during busy times and I wanted to remember this.

The holidays are a great time for me to witness my children's growth and maturity. Last year MG was HORRIFIED that "Grandma got run over by a reindeer"!! Of course, we had to call her Grandma and confirm that Grandma was OK....and even then MG had to see her in person to confirm that there was no permant harm! On Saturday, MG was watching the Christmas Classic and I asked her if Grandma was OK....she rolled her eyes at me and gave me a very dramatic- "That's Jake's Grandma....not mine"!! Grandma S. was very happy to hear she was safe from Santa's reindeers this year!!

MG has discovered Clifford the Big Red Dog. S.B. loved the series (was far less interested in Max and Ruby...Ruby and Max... That song gets me everytime....I hear it so often!). Anyway, S.B. had a million Clifford Books and all of the stuff animals. When his cousin had a bad MRI report, he decided to send all of the stuffed animals to her...Clifford, T-bone, Cleo and Max. The books went into storage for baby sister to enjoy later. Anyway the books came out of storage and I had a hard time relearning the names - because S.B. at the time loved renaming characters and had just had a new baby sister so.....Emily Elizabeth was read as "Maleah Martha" and Clifford was "Luke" and T-bone was "Owen" and Max was "Wyatt" and Cleo was "Tasha". I became so good at improvising....all these years later they are still the same to me. M.G. just looks at me like I have numerous screws loose!! Maybe I do!!

Well off to accomplish a million thing today by 3!!! Wish me luck!

Blessings!
Patty

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

They say the memory is the first to go...if that's the case, I'm in bad shape. I can't keep Ariel straight from Hannah Montana from Florence Nightingale. Have a safe and fun trip. Make lots of memories. Kate :)