Sunday, April 19, 2009

I love being close to these 3!!!

My sister, S, aunt J and the 3 C musketeers came for a weekend visit. I was all set to take some night time feedings, but after the one o’clock, her “baby meowing” over the monitor was waking Ed (who had to preach at 8 AM.) So I moved the monitor to her Mommy’s room and didn’t her the nighttime party my sister and her daughter had until it was shared with me in the morning!

If you remember, the crib leaving left a serious case of baby desire. Miss Princess and Little guy have fixed that. I can love them, spoil them, and give them back at bedtime! I am too old and too set in my middle aged, mother of school aged children routine. My sister makes beautiful babies, I’ll just fix my baby cravings through her!
We had a wonderful visit, with some highlights….

We all went to my Mom’s grave and did spring cleanup. The 5 year old’s had lots of questions about the Grandma their Mommies keep speaking so lovingly about. They really didn’t get that Grandma is in heaven with Jesus, but her body is in the ground under the pretty red gravestone. We talked about the special part that made Grandma, the Grandma who would love them. I shared with that I believe… S and I had to wait so long for our babies, because Grandma J just didn’t want to share them with us! She was holding and playing with them in Heaven. Leah listens attentively and then announces to Lightening McQueen (also 5), "SHE LOVED ME BEST!". Oh my, I told her Grandma loved all her grandchildren equally. I could have pointed out that since Princess was the last to come to earth... Grandma held her longest. (I can't wait until my husband reads my take on this.... I'm sure theology is much different!

After the cemetery, we went to revisit the small town Aunt J grew up. S and I also have great memories of our Dad's childhood home until it was sold when I was 10. I was across the street, taking pictures of the fantastic job the latest owners did. And the owner came out to ask me why.... I explained who I was and that my aunt was so interested in what he had did (it really was awesome) and he invited her in!!! The new family was so interested in the history and stories of the house, that they benefited also. I stayed with the babies (all 5) and we went to the park I played at 30 plus years ago! Many good memories.

Then we took the kids to a cousin's farm to see the cattle. The kids loved the cows. It made S and me realize exactly what city slickers we were raising.
**Luke was swinging a dried corn stalk.... and commented what weak Bamboo it was!
**Lightening McQueen and Leah were holding their noses... despite us telling them it "smelled like money."
Princess slept through it all...... But Little Man... all 2 years of him.... wanted a big cow. All the way home.... "Cow, Cow... peaz cow". Maybe Grandpa will get a little farmer yet.

1 comment:

ann said...

I love the kids' quotes at the end!