Monday, April 13, 2009

Easter Highlights


What a wonderful (yet busy) Easter

Highlights (since this is obviously backdated)

Ed is exhausted after his first time ever preparing and preaching 4 sermons in 8 days. He did a wonderful job and was so enthusiastic with sharing HE IS RISEN!

The church is beautiful! We had a great breakfast that the youth prepared (just like our former home church)

AND GRANDMA is here (she brought Grandpa and Jessi too). It is so wonderful to be close enough for visits like this. We had a nice dinner with my Aunt C and Cousin J also. I only burned the top of the potato casserole a little and the rest of the food was good. Thanks Grandma and Aunt C for the help!

I need to add one story that Jessi would kill me about... but here goes, because she just might think you'd convince me she was right.

At bedtime, the night before sunrise service, Grandma asks to see the outfit Jessi plans to wear. Nice broom textured skirt. Nice black tube top.... with a red bra underneath. Ahem... Jessi that's not appropriate for our country church, especially on Easter. She was suppose to be getting her clothes back on the go to Wally World, but I go into Leah's room to find her texting someone rapidly about how mean and weird Grandma and Aunt Patty is. Next to her is my Leah, chin in hands, just as dejected posture as Jessi has. She agrees with Jessi!! We are so in trouble when Leah is 15 (if not before). I'm hoping the princess dresses stay around a long time... anyway. Off to Wallyworld they go, and bring back a nice black cover up jacket. At church, Ed comments "You look so nice", Jessi mutters under her breath.... Yeah, I look Amish! We are so glad she came to visit, even if she had to dress like a young Amish women to fit it!

Today, I went for my post op visit.... all is well. Boy, do I recommend a robotic surgery! Still planning for Call Day. We are excited!~

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'll have my work cut out with three girls...I can just see it now. I'll be ready for a psych admission for some R and R when those years are here!