Sunday, May 11, 2008

Proud to be a Mom

WARNING! I have never posted like this before and hopefully will never need to again. Stop reading if you want to.....but I need to get this off my chest.

I seldom find myself Angry. I can be a pretty patient person with others. I like to look for the best in people. I believe most things in the world are grey, not everything is black and white. People come from many different backgrounds and experiences and lash out when they are scared or frightened. But, there are just somethings in this world that will make me ANGRY and this is it. Call me a mother bear....but I see so much more to this from a national broadcast that could effect my children and hurts me to the core.



Click on picture to enlarge and read down to the 4th category.
I have not called my friends with adoptive children, because I didn't wish them to feel this pain on Mother's Day. They may already have heard as it is all over the Internet. I have sent emails to NBC and Telefloral and would send to the Osmonds....if I knew how to. I hope that Marie had no idea what the categories said...as an adoptive mother of 5 and biological mother of 3. I just can not imagine an adoptive mother referring to other adoptive mothers as a "NON MOM".

The contest added a disclaimer.....As of Friday, the "non-mom mom" was rechristened the "adopting mom." The change was reflected on the network's website, and will be reflected in the special, which tapes today and airs Sunday.

"We did take their concerns into consideration," the rep said. "Certainly, it was always our intent to celebrate all moms, and that's why we wanted to have that category."

The category, as described by the site for the special, honors "a grandparent, stepmom or mom to adopted children, each one raising and loving a child."


Better....yet I took an oath to be my children's mother for forever. Their birth certificates have our names as parents. NOTHING will change this. Neither the law or how our family views our parenthood. I could not carry my children in my womb....But God blessed B and I in a tremendous way, and take offense to any one that does not consider us true parents.

I am not writing this to gain comments of sympathy or praise. I hesitated to add the K LOVE verse of the day....because I know I am not a "virtuous and capable" women that "surpass them all!" But, I do know that my kids do feel that way about me. And I think they always will, even when we have our ups and downs.

My Mother's Day Eve was spent in an Emergency room. My day thus far has been spent washing all of our linens in Dreft soap (while praying a sudden serious rash is just due to our long time laundry soap.) I have also given 2 prescribed enemas, while developing a child's marketing program for High Fiber versus favorite foods. I have also have had numerous phone calls to the pharmacy and Emergency room Dr for a dangerous mistake in Prednisone dosing, that could have sent us back to the hospital. THANK You GOD, I am a nurse and was able to recognise the mistake before the medication was given to him. I also thank GOD that I am not a NON MOM, I am a mother who is proud to care for my children in all of their parenting needs... THE WHOLE DEAL!! I WOULDN'T HAVE IT ANY OTHER WAY! I LOVE MY CHILDREN, nothing about how they came to be my children could possibly change this.

OFF MY SOAP BOX now, Thanks for listening....I hope you all have a wonderful Mother's Day with each of your BLESSINGS from God.


**Name of child not given for his or her privacy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your more a mom then mothers that can have children I look up you to and hope I can be 1/2 as good as mom as you are to your kids. Can't wait til you guys are up here. I have the frist week of July off work so if you need anyone to help email me and i drive down and help. Bec