Saturday, November 24, 2007

my first meme


10-20-30 years ago

10 years ago: I was working as a nurse for substance abuse treatment center. I loved the nursing part....not the group therapy sessions I was doing. I had started volunteering for hospice every week and loved it. I did not want to work for Hospice as I did not want that experience to change! I was waiting not so patiently for a baby. I also realized my husband was spending an awful lot of time working at church! Little did I know how different life would be for us!

20 years ago: I was in my senior year of high school. Senioritis had really sit in and I dropped band to allow me to work more at my job as a cook for a nursing home. Yes....I was the cook! HA HA! Ruined my desire to cook I tell you...76 meals every time! I lived on a farm 7 miles from town. I thought a farm was the very worse place to raise kids. Now I think it would be the best place to raise a family! But I deliberately did not marry a farmer!! I was going to the big city and become a nurse and live far from a farm.

30 years ago: I was 7. We lived in small town usa. We walked everywhere and only needed to report to Mom at supper time. The world was a much safer place. I learned to ride a bike when I was seven. My 6 year old sister learned an hour before I did. I was so mad!!! I no longer was scared of the thing. I wanted to be a social worker or a nurse.

Wow. This exercise -- has brought back lots of good memories. I wonder what 10 years from now will bring......

No comments: