Tuesday, November 6, 2007

I am an expert at sleep!

Well the sleep study was interesting. The nice tech said "I won't tell if you passed and I won't tell if you didn't pass". I think I passed though, because she had me test out all of these masks and I never had to use them. I am relieved because the masks are really claustrophobic and the only one that wasn't puts a lot of pressure on the eustachian tubes. I don't desire either one. Basicly EEG electrobes were Super glued to my head, EKG electrobes were placed and wires on my legs, then a vibration microphone place on my throat (tests snoring), and bands placed on my lower and upper chest. Oxygen prongs were placed in my nostrils and above my mouth. Then all of these plugged into a box next to me. It took forever to fall asleep. Mostly, because despite all my medical knowledge-- I was scared they could read my mind!! 2 electrobes came off initially, then I learned how to turn avoiding the leg wires -- but my wrists were all tied up in the morning. I guess that is pretty common. She used a chemical to take the glue off my scalp and it didn't hurt at all. I see the pulmonologist tomorrow, hopefully he will have the results.
Tomorrow I have a mandatory medical insurance body mass index and blood test. All of the employees need to do this -- well it's not mandatory - but it will cost about $50 more a month for my insurance if I don't -- Makes it mandatory in my book! The worst part is my appointment is 4:40 pm and I need to fast for 8 hours. Thank goodness, I can at least have breakfast! And all the water I want! (but- no Dr. Pepper ) :-(

1 comment:

Ann said...

Oh wow, there is no way I could have fallen asleep with all that stuff attached to me. I have a hard enough time when I get tangled up in flannel sheets with flannel pajamas on.