Tuesday, September 14, 2010

September Memories (part 2)

Patty is working 3 to 5 days a week at hospice. The last 2 weeks have been busy and working long and stressful days... then the house becomes quiet after many dear souls found their way to heaven. Somehow we find a way to heal our hearts quickly and prepare for the next influx. I compare it the the Maternity ward... they all seem to come at once (in our case in reverse). Does the Maternity ward see things in 3's too? I really love the people I work with and the patients. I become closer to the patients and families in small town living... and all too many have family members at our church or school home. I run into families frequently at stores and am working on a way to connect faces to names... because it seems to make such a difference. I feel helpless at times... because kind words and promising to pray seems too little to lesson pain. But it is what God has given me... and I will do.

The start for full time hours is tentative with a staff member leaving, a new one orientating and a new computer program and training the others. I have been asked to develop into a team leader. This terrifies me.... but I am proceeding as God is leading me.

I am painting the house... a 2 story house. For some reason paint sheds off the house in sheets and has done so for 40 years. So I am touching up until we can side next year. I LOVE MY SCRAPBOOK ROOM and have been spending at least a evening a week in there. I have filled all my scrapbooks and am now waiting for awesome coupons to buy more books.

No comments: