Sunday, September 19, 2010

More training needed

Setting: Church Kitchen, serving a special function.
Mom pleased Leah is such a good little helper to the ladies league.

Mom is refilling lemonade when looks up to see Leah batting her eyelashes to line cut, and get a plateful before all the men in suits take all the good food. Mom has the sense to take her out of line, but not without her protesting that she wants a potato and SOUR CREAM. Partial plate back on the kitchen counter and a quiet lesson in polite serving of our guests, and yes that means there might not be enough left for the servers. The ladies are supportive, however some smiling... that yes the women here eat last... but there is always enough food.

So much for this PW to learn... explaining the role of being a lady to a Pastors daughter just jump up in high priority. This includes not licking out her little sour cream cup! Later she was such a great little help with cleaning off tables and wiping dishes.

Later from Dad
"Leah come up to me and said she was so jealous of me sitting down to eat. She had ham and corn, but couldn't eat it". :-)))

I wonder if the Ladies League has a special "Miss Manners for PDs!"

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute story, Learning to Trust. I wanted to apologize for the delay in my correction on my blog...all is taken care of! Thanks for your support.

I have been out long enough that I feel that I can talk about my "issues" ;) and if someone finds out who I am, I will be okay with that! Life is what it is...as your blog shows. Blessings to you!