Saturday, September 11, 2010

September Memories (part one)

Last night I spent about 2 hours reading a blog.... this very blog. I went back 2 years full of memories. REALLY GOOD memories! The blog is better than scrapbooking (although I still really like scrapbooking), to trigger my memories. I certainly would have forgot at least 50 % of said memories. I would have remembered the events,... but not the feelings or the little precious (or not) things the kids said or did at such major times in our life. Life is routine now... such a wonderful busy routine!

I just wrote a Christmas letter type of post and will post sections of it to keep Patty's memories. I hope some of you will enjoy it... or at least not mind too much... Hopefully, it will trigger a return to regular blogging.


Today September 11, 2010

Patty remembers 9 years ago... first thinking HOW AWFUL for "those people", really not understanding how an attack in New York would effect Iowa. The very next day we refinanced our home in DSM's tallest building and kept glancing out the window scared that every state would be hit next. Such an irrational fear. 3 years later, I drove on a tour bus past the site... still never comprehending what this meant the survivors, but a better idea of what it meant for America. God bless the New Yorkers as they rebuild and make decisions that will effect many. I pray ignorant people will stop hurting people as they seek their 15 minutes of fame.

No comments: