Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Back home in hospice

I just realized I haven't updated on how the Hospice House job is going. IT"S GREAT!! The first AM was a smidgen foggy (had something to do with the 4 AM alarm and that I don't do early mornings the best) I was too happy to cry. So many old friends to work with and reminisce (and a few new friends that appear to be great hospice workers.) Before I knew it, it seemed like I never left! The house is built around a fountain healing garden. That is one of my favorite things about the job is even when your head is spinning and you are dashing over to the other side of the house... you can do so in such a beautiful and peaceful garden. My mom has a memory stone there, that brings me such comfort. I had it placed years ago just to the left of my dashing path.

I drove back home after the 10 hour shift, and did well. I enjoy a Christain radio station that I can't get in this smaller town. I also have borrowed an Audio Book to listen to from the libary. On Thursday, Leah and I drove to DSM to watch Luke's soccer game against our old Christain school. (It was a great game, 3-2, even if we didn't come on top!) Grandparents, cousins and Aunt were able to cheer on the game too, than to eat at Mustards and sent the kids home with Dad. I slept at my inlaws and back for another day of nursing orientation. One more day and then I am on my own.

I am so happy to be doing hospice again, and so happy to have the support of wonderful coworkers and bosses. It is so good to be HOME!!

1 comment:

Solid Rock or Sinking Sand said...

God's blessings to you. I am also a hospice volinteer. I enjoyed reading your blog. God bless, Lloyd