Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Lots of changes ahead!

Yesterday I drove to new hometown and looked at houses to buy or rent. Wow. We set a budget and hoped the buyer's market would deliver. NOPE. Our experts say we can do a higher budget, but we are not ready to buy our future house without lots more planning. The tax credits just aren't worth that type of stress!!! We do have more time for the "magical-great bones-fixer upper house" to appear next month just begging for me to "flip" it. I have done all my homework... you know my degrees from TLC and HGTV and my favorite show Property Ladder! If it can be done on TV... it can't be that hard right?

Actually there is such a house that needs a garage and some fresh paint and flooring. It is a part of an estate and right now their numbers (probably based on emotion for their childhood home) and our numbers are WAY off. My heart fluctuates between wanting to love a home again and set down roots versus renting for another 6-9-12 months. Ed and I have lots of decisions, discussions and prayer!

I visited my children's future school, heard the children singing for their upcoming spring program and wanted to cry "mom's happy tears" right in front of the principal. Seriously. I was so happy my heart is swelling!!! I know this is the right school... even if we are homeless right now!

I didn't visit the hospice house. I learned my lesson the last time I visited a hospice house that didn't have a job opening for a year. Just broke my heart!! I did go to the hospital and saw 3 job openings. It's a little soon to apply. I don't think the hospital wants to hire me to just have us wait to finish vicarage, move, ordain my husband and then decide to show up for work. But the wheels are in motion and the time will fly!

P.S. still waiting to have the washing machine fixed. And I hand washed Thursday's undies. But my car decided it wanted to see the repairman too so the washing machine had better just need a little TLC repair, or this Momma will be hand washing lots!!!

2 comments:

ann said...

I'm praying that God will show you the perfect house he has picked out for you :)

I'm so happy that you love the kids' new school! That's a biggie!

And I love how you are just trusting God and putting your faith in him to provide and direct. He will! YAY!

Melissa said...

Good luck with everything! I am so happy for you guys and I know everything will work out, even the washer!