Friday, December 5, 2008

Trip to the city

Big day today....after school, we all went to Kohls! I thought I should get to the little city nearby since a reader of my blog thought my ALDI's love was a tad pathetic. I believe her words were..... "that girl needs to get out more". So all of us, yes Ed agreed to go and of course nothing was stopping Leah from "buying something" (desperate whine) and Luke needing to bring a friend. After eating out and buying 2 pairs of kids shoes, ear muffs and a XMAS present, we were done with the excitement of the city.... it had a lot to do with shopping with 3 children!

With sales, Kohls earned money and a 15% off coupon on the whole purchase....I saved $86..... now that is better than ALDI's!!!!!!!

Then I got to "talk to baby E" on the webcam. Actually it's more wistfully gazing at such a beautiful child as she finishes her bottle and falls asleep on Daddy's shoulders. SHE IS BEAUTIFUL!! Makes me want another....but then they grow up and you have to take them shopping!!!

Luke's having a sleepover with his little friend..... Do I give to precious sleep or do I keep an eye open to keep the party to a dull roar? Actually, they'll deny it....but they are getting pretty quiet!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Have you made chili with your Aldi beans? So glad you hit the big city and went to Kohl's. Kate :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a wonderful family shopping trip. For some reason, I'm thinking of that brady bunch movie (the parody) where they say something like, "C'mon kids, we're going to SEARS!" and they sing and do a happy dance on the escalator. Did you sing and do a happy dance at kohls? heehee!

I miss going shopping with you.