Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Christmas Tradition

We normally spend Christmas Eve at my in laws. This started when Luke was a little guy and my in laws wanted to spend Christmas morning with him....(not having his mother bring him over at almost noon when she is awake enough to shower and travel!) It has been wonderful-- cheese, crackers and wine after Christmas eve candle light services and waking up to see what Santa brought while still in my pajamas (although I have to keep dodging my father-in-law's camera). This year Ed needs to preach Christmas AM so we won't arrive until afternoon. I will miss spending the night and making Christmas morning easy! It started me thinking about our traditions we will always continue. One is the 7 day nativity that we will start on Thursday.
If you have young children....I highly recommend the story and nativity. Both of the kids love it! Leah's preschool pageant used the story as their program. (Be sure to see post below).

1 comment:

Shelley said...

I love Christmas Eve. It is all about family and feeling snug and warm. Our tradition is to have dinner, go to the candlelight service, come home and open presents. Santa has always come while we're at Church. It's wonderful to stay up late together and then sleep in on Christmas morning and open our stockings. Ah....Christmas Eve it't the best!