Monday, September 15, 2008

It's fun to stay at the Y-M-C-A.

Young man, there's no need to feel down.
I said, young man, pick yourself off the ground.
I said, young man, 'cause you're in a new town
There's no need to be unhappy

Young man, there's a place you can go.
I said, young man, when you're short on your dough.
You can stay there, and I'm sure you will find
Many ways to have a good time.

It's fun to stay at the Y-M-C-A.
It's fun to stay at the Y-M-C-A.


It's not an exaggeration to say that Luke LOVES the local YMCA. According to the Y...lots of kids go there after school. Maybe when it's cold out, but right now it's just Luke and a few older kids playing Basketball. Last week the pool opened and Luke and a new buddy are swimming everyday after school. For a whole family monthly membership we are paying what we used to pay in St. Louis for one week of After School Care. All is good right.....until we get an email from the teacher.
"Luke is doing great in school....but could you reinforce that he doesn't need to get ready for the YMCA until after school is out. Today -- he started to change his shoes during math class!!"

MATH CLASS..... Luke, Luke, Luke we know you like the YMCA....but until 3:20 --- your time is Mrs. J's time! I think he gets it now.....or he loses the YMCA privileges. (I hope he gets it.....otherwise he'd agree with Leah that I'm the worse mother in the world....we shall see!)

4 comments:

Shelley said...

It's nice though when they are passionate about something good for them.
PS: You are the best mom in the world Miss Patty!

Melissa said...

What a cute kid! Love your post. Great use of the song!!

I tagged you! Check out my blog to find the rules!

Anonymous said...

What a cute story, Patty. Luke doesn't want to miss anything and who can blame him? I have great memories of being a kid and going to the YMCA on Sunday Family Open Swim and those memories make me smile. You are making great memories, too and you ARE a great Mom. By the way, how well do you know the motions to the YMCA song? Kate :)

Anonymous said...

The Y is awesome. They have really good programs.