Monday, September 22, 2008

ED COME HOME SOON!

I am so grateful for Ed! I am so grateful that I am not a single mother. Ed has been gone the last 2 days. Last night..... someone rang the door bell at 9:30, and disappeared. I ran around and secured all of the windows and double checked the doors, with Ed on the phone. Yesterday the garage door broke and we had to unjam the door to release the cars. So, I'm outside (in my winter PJs) trying to lock the door since it's an attached garage. No go, so I get a ladder and rejam the door mechanism. Now no one is getting in or out until Ed returns. I call my neighbor who assures me that "it's just kids being stupid"...and "no I would not be out of line" to just have the police drive by the house. So I call the non emergency number, and whether or not they did....I felt better. I still heard every little creak and at around 11:30 willed myself to go to sleep....but couldn't find Checkers. Of course she had gotten out into the garage (for 2 hours) with 2 boxes of DECON!!!!! So the next couple hours I researched every possible horrible reaction to DECON, and followed Checkers around the house. She was freaked out over being locked in the garage (and her crazy nurse mom trying to check her out) Finally, I called the animal poison control 1 800 number who said nothing would happen until 72 hours. So to bed I go...and the thunderstorms started and the kids crying. I could finally sleep though with Leah in my bed...but morning came really early.

Checkers is still OK and Ed and my mother-in-law are positive she wouldn't eat DECON. They are probaby right....because our little unwelcome visitor last month preferred peanut butter to DECON as well. Our vet said to wait, but to check for bleeding and call ASAP with problems.

Of course we had our busy day of school, preschool, helping out with the obstacle course at preschool, another visit to our friendly (but highly incompetent) phone company, swimming, supper, laundry, hair straightening (while watching a new Dancing with the Stars :-)), interrupting fights and constantly checking out Checkers....who seems to be fighting with Skittles kitty a lot tonight. ED COME HOME SOON!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ed had better come home soon or Momma will be ready for the looney bin...I know the feeling all too well. Looking forward to splashes and laughs this weekend. Kate :)

Anonymous said...

Get your girl on! You can do it. Hang tight - E will be home soon. Remember Jesus is watching over you and he'll keep you safe. Shelley

Anonymous said...

Yikes! I hope Checkers is going to be okay! And Eric is leaving tomorrow for the next few days, so if Biff is gone still, feel free to call me anytime, even in the middle of the night :) We'll have a slumber party over the phone.