Monday, July 28, 2008

Another week passed in a flash at our new home

I hope there are still friends and family out here reading this neglected blog. No excuses....actually plenty! I need to post lots of pictures and just haven't found the time to down load the pictures, name them and then post them.

We have been so busy since the last post.

Tuesday: looked at preschools. Leah prefers the one that told her about finger painting with pudding. I prefer the other- smaller, Christain based and reminds me of Luke's 3 and 4 year old classes. I found myself promising to try pudding painting at home! WHAT WAS I THINKING? That night we drove to the next county's fair that I attended frequently as a young girl. Still wonderful. It was great eating Godfathers Pizza at the fair, watching and participating in mini tractor pulls and checking out ponies and 4H items, and spending time with my Aunt C, Uncle A and Cousin J.

Wednesday: I had my first job interview at the local hospital. I think it went OK, but I am not sure I want the job. I will be caring for ages 0-100, Post partum, nursery and lots of post-op surgeries. I think I can do all of that..... but I had to professionally explain......"Lawzy, we got to have a doctor. I don't know nothin' 'bout birthin' babies. " (Prissy from Gone with the Wind). They have 6 other applicants, and my feelings won't be hurt one bit if they find someone who does know 'bout birthin' babies. Kate? If I get the job....you have a lot to tell me!! They told me it would be a while, before they'd put me in that room.....but I just know the day will come when 3 are coming at the same time....and I'll just swoon! I have applied for several other jobs and awaiting interviews. I will probably check out the nursing homes to work PRN until school starts. We also went to our local county fair and saw lots of our congregation there....starting to feel more like home.

Thursday, My sister, brother in law and Lightening McQueen and Snuggle Bug and my Aunt J came for the night and we prepared for a weekend at a Minnesota Lake with my Aunt C, Uncle A and Cousin J. This was a tradition when I was a kid and now we are resuming it for Luke, Leah, Lightening McQueen and Snuggle Bug. We had a great time boating, swimming, bonfires, eating and attempting to fish. I was sure the fishing was a big joke, as no one was catching anything until


What a happy BOY!

Leah and I had a great experience as well.....wading in the Banks of Plum Creek, just like Laura Ingalls did!

What a wonderful way to end the week!!
My sister and brother-in-law were quite stressed with car problems and the mechanic did not fix it the first time....so they were forced to stay another day. The kids and I were so HAPPY! We went to the swimming pool today and basically played for an extra 24 hours. When they were loading up to return home....Luke, Leah and Lightening McQueen were just sure the mechanic broke the car and they have to return for another night. That was "the deal." They haven't called yet to say they had more problems. That's great for them...and I think my kids will forgive the mechanic for getting it right this time....as they are both sound asleep from a wonderful week!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You call me anytime for tips on "birthin' those babies"...so glad that you are all happy and healthy! It sounds like it is so good to be HOME. Blessings to you all. Kate :)