Friday, July 18, 2008

We are home!!

One week gone in a flash!! I now have the Internet!!! Perhaps the only wrinkle in our move was 'Elizabeth's mess up" in our phone and Internet order. I have no idea who Elizabeth is......but everyone at the local phone company wanted to blame her. Poor Elizabeth!! But they wrote off the service fees and Mr DSL. was here this morning and fixed everything.

Iowa is so refreshing and we feel right at home! Some of the best parts in no particular order.

10. child friendly....the kids have found close to 580 friends who all seem to live on our block. Everyone watches out for the kids and the kids respect our rules. I had to call Ann at small town life to check out modern day protocol for small town kids. Thanks Ann!!

9: Christain radio that plays my music! I can get KLOVE...but found a local station that plays contemporary and inspiring hymns with occasional interruptions of local news and weather. JUST WHAT I HAVE BEEN MISSING!

8: We are 2 blocks from church. Ed walks to work and also back for lunch everyday.
He gets a whole hour to catch with us a home.

7. Awesome church, Pastor and congregation. Everyone seems so friendly. I missed the installation ceremony due to a horrible flu. But it sounded beautiful!! We went to a potluck to feed some bike riders for Life. To our surprise...one of Ed's confirmation classmates who is now a Pastor was riding and yet another Pastor who is from our Lutheran church and day school. Ed had a great time catching up.

6. I found a used well priced washer and have been actually enjoying putting the wash out to blow in Iowa's fresh air!! I'm sure this may wear off in the dead of winter and with working...but right now is AMAZING.

5. We have been meeting family this week....an just by chance ran into one of Ed's cousins at the pool. I have lots more to meet!!

4. I haven't made it to my Mom's grave...but find my self remembering lots of my childhood and her love for us. Walking down a sleepy main street on our errends with my kids is awesome. My kids even found a way to fight over which hand they held. My poor 4' 11" mother had only 2 hands and 3 children. She still made us all feel loved!!

3. A couple of church members have made it a mission to help me look for job openings. I did apply for one and will go in person to check out some on Monday. Right now....I am content to be a SAHM!

2. I have lost 8 pounds with the Flu and moving. I drank Dr. Pepper at the end of the Flu and have actually lost my taste for it! I was astonished and so were the kids! Leah reminded me Dr. N said I should give it up anyway!! I am working at keeping to off!

1. THE WEATHER!!! I will miss St Louis winters....but the summers here are awesome!! We love being outside!!

Did everyone make it the the end of this gigantic post? Thanks!!! And there's lots more to love here!! We do miss our friends back in MO, but feel that God has led us to a perfect place for us!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

So very glad that things are so happy for all of you. Blessings all around to all of you. Kate :)

Anonymous said...

Hey its Becky. When you guys have time I can drive down and see you since I am on bed rest until baby budden is here and I am bored. I am so happy you are enjoying Lemars.
Love Becky and Nate

Anonymous said...

YAY Patty!! That was an awesome list. I'm so happy for you!