Thursday, September 27, 2007

Another reason to trust in God

Last year I started thinking about starting a blog while following my dear friend, Ann's. We have experienced God's hand in several wonderful ways in this journey that I'll never forget. I try so hard to lean on God's faithfulness and plans, but sometimes my human fears cloud the way. I do intend to post some of these blessings...if life slows for a bit. But, yesterday a new one occurred.

As most of you know, we have been "deferred". With this is many, many benefits. But a big negative is losing some of our friends and support network as they moved around the country. The hardest to adjust is Mermaid Girl. She does not remember the life back home that Shark Boy grieves. She LOVES to visit, but doesn't remember actually living there. She is really grieving her daycare provider and all of her friends. She has been in her new daycare since the beginning of June and she still cries everytime I leave her. I had made the decision to call one of the "social butterfly" classmates to try to arrange a playdate... but kept postponing it, because "cold calling" is never a strong point for me.

On Monday, the child center had a Meet the Teachers event and of course Mermaid Girl was thrilled to show off the center, teachers and her favorite toys (the place really is good.) In fact, I know most of the tears are for "my benefit or 'punishment' for leaving her" She does have fun! And is learning a lot.

We played along side another little girl "Beautiful Brown Eyes". Yesterday....the tears were especially bad and I made a definite decision to get "Brown Eyes' mother's number. I became busy at work until I received a phone call from "Brown Eyes' mother"!!--Turns out she recognized me after a retreat we had last week. We work for the same hospice, but in different buildings and different roles. "Brown Eyes" is also new and having the same problem. We had a great play date, today. Our girls have alot in common - including their Dad's professions!! We are planning another play date.... the girls really connected as did the Moms. But - most importantly -- we hope we will see FAR less tears every morning at the "goodbye chair". God knows his plans for us, he knows his people and supports each one of us. Now if I could just have constant faithfulness and trust! I'm learning, even if it is a slow process.

Blessings, Patty

3 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Glad to hear that MG will have better mornings at school. Anna is still sad each day when she gets to school. So much change, even when it is good, is hard. I miss you and look forward to "our pumpkins" picking out pumpkins. Take care. Kate :)

Ann said...

Have the kids picked out trick or treat costumes yet?? The boys got theirs today. I'm still going as Raggedy Ann, Ethan got The Flash (to match Eric's) and Owen of course is Darth Vader. I still don't have Emmy's yet. I wanted to do a teddy bear or something cute that goes with Raggedy Ann. What goes with Raggedy Ann, besides Raggedy Andy?