Monday, February 8, 2010

Short commutes are the best!

I am loving my short commute to the local Hospice House! The hours are inconsistent as I am now PRN (as needed) for both hospice houses. But I love the feel of being there and have met more great hospice nurses. The hours just fly by and although I work hard... it really just doesn't feel like work when I love what I am doing. I look forward to working more shifts next week. The timing of my hire was good, as a couple of nurses needed me to cover their shifts. Sadly, one's mother in law died unexpectedly and the other has a scary illness. It does ease the workload of the other nurses and it's nice to help out. Next week I orient to the field part of the hospice program. I am still trying to work every Saturday at the bigger hospice house and it is so reassuring to "come home" among friends and do the work I have loved for years. Leah loves that Mommy spend most every night at home now and that is worth everything!

No comments: