Sunday, February 21, 2010

Gotcha Luke!!!




Happy 10th Gotcha Day Luke!!!

10 years ago, I heard those wonderful words that put much anxiety at rest.. "I agree with this adoption." The worries of a God lead, but somewhat confusing adoption slipped away and Ed and I locked eyes with a sigh and relief as I hugged the wonderful, bouncy blue eyed 9 month bundle of energy that sat on my lap.

Today we celebrated the "10th Gotcha Day" with little gifts and lots of hugs and a special supper. Luke also embraced the day with excitement, but also many hugs and stating how happy he is to be our son. I have been dreading the time when teenage hormones and frustrations typically put a damper to love and communication between parent and child. He calls himself a "tweener", but we still have the same energetic (and sometimes bouncing off the walls), wonderful sweet boy. He still accepts and initiates hugs. Even if the future holds some rough days.... I know in my hear --- The Gotcha Days will always be special.

During our suppers we always ask around the table... "what's the best part of your day?". Tonight I started with "What I like best about Luke being in our family". Dad and I shared our love of his devotion to God, smart, his gratefulness and ability to show his love to others...among other talents. Maleah's best part of having Luke for her brother? ---- "We get to got to eat at a restaurant"

Back to reality Luke!!! She really does love you!!!

3 comments:

Perri said...

Happy Gotcha Day! We love celebrating that at our house, too.

ann said...

You are so loved, Luke! And I remember when that picture was taken, I remember those toys! I miss you all sooo much!!

Anonymous said...

Awww...what a sweet story. Such a beautiful boy with such a heart and a beautiful spirit :)