Tuesday, March 10, 2009

BEDREST


Ed gave me Kate*Gosslin's book for Christmas. She had a section on bedrest,turns out she always imagined a mother on bedrest getting a perfect breakfast in bed, bluebirds out her windows and a perfect manicure. Turns out bedrest was nothing like that for her.. or me! I was most looking forward to recovering at home..... nothing fancy. Basically sleep when desired and watching some TV.

My first day started with a ice storm and 2 hour delay. Good thing school was actually cancelled as my 5 year old was dressed in Tasha's cowboy dance costume. She did have pink tights with florescent hearts on them. They were perfect, because the cowboy print skirt had slits up to her hips! Sleep was interrupted by "JUST WHAT ARE WE GOING TO DO FOR FUN??" "I WANT TO DO GIRL STUFF!" "I WANT MY TOES PAINTED!" "I can't find my Mermaid movie!"

I chose my best parenting tool to keep the fights on the low end.... separate televisions in separate rooms. I know ---- ingenious!! But that means no Mommy TV shows. Turns out today, Leah is a big fan of the Wiggles! In fact, she watched the same show 3 times in succession! The third time, Luke (but he'd never admit it) came in to watch as well. Of course that sends Leah into hysteria, because my bedroom is only for girls! GOOD TIMES!

After Ed came home, everything was much better!! Lots of birthday cards in the mail, presents, cake and a homemade dinner not home made by ME! Turns out meals will be coming in for the next 10 days! YIPPEE!!! There's no ice predicted for tomorrow... so I get to try the recuperating thing at home again. Today was actually a wonderful day with wonderful phone calls! Thanks ladies, you made my day much better!!!!

2 comments:

mom2jjk said...

I hope today is more restful for you! It is so hard to be a mom and sick! I wish I was there to help you.

Anonymous said...

Patty you are amazing! And so strong. Love you lots!! <3