Sunday, February 8, 2009

Family birthday party

What a neat weekend. A February thaw is happening (YEAH!) and we were able to travel to southern Iowa for Great Grandma's 93rd birthday. Another highlight of the trip was seeing Baby E for the first time (off of web cam). She is really cute and has quite an adorable personality! We missed Baby H, as he is recovering from RSV and definitely did not want to share with Baby E or Great Grandma. We are missing our cousin M who lives with her mother on the East coast and 2 of Ed's brothers, but everyone else was there. It was a great party with family and many of Grandma's friends. Great Grandma is really an amazing lady. She still lives in her own home, remembers every one's big days and writes many personal letters weekly on her home computer. Her memory is better than mine. She is the only grandmother I have ever known. All of my grandparents died before I was born, and even if she is inherited through my marriage and my mother in laws second marriage.... I am so proud to call her Grandma!! She has helped me be a better cook, mother and person!




93 and 3 months old. Aren't they beautiful!




Everyone loves great grandma. Next time we want Baby H and M to be in the pics.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

How very sweet and what wonderful memories you have made. Kate :)

Anonymous said...

That's precious!