Sunday, February 1, 2009

Desperate times call for desparate measures

I'm pureeing strawberries to use as pancake syrup on my weight watchers diet;
as the super bowl feasting is tonight. And I think..... maybe I should replace the 3 point Dr. Pepper with something else. (Just can't do the diet DP, I've tried Kate :-) This week, the radio was hyping up new caffeine pills to replace coffee. So in desperation , I look them up..... I'm thinking it's just a new name for Vivarin. The 2 times I tried Vivarin in Nursing School as a 20 year old..... I don't think the world needs to have me strung out on Vivarin with a new name! I'll be trying pureed blueberry syrup next.
Go Steelers and Cardinals! If the PACK isn't in the Super Bowl, I like the Steelers.... but I loved watching Kurt Warner play for several seasons for the Barnstormers and he has quite a Cinderella story.... so it will just be a good game for me!

2 comments:

mom2jjk said...

I wonder how many points I would have to take for the delicious cream chz/pineapple/grn onion/ and grn pepper dip I have been eating all day with wheat thins? I don't even want to know! I drank for a slimfast for breakfast so atleast I started my day right!:)

So if Jannessa's spots do blanch (which they do) is that a good sign? They look better this evening but she has gotten more today. They fade quite a bit unless she gets hot and then they are bright red again and itch more. Like I said in my post, the Dr said that it can present different because of the vaccine. Do I send her to school tomorrow? We kept her home from church per the Dr's suggestion but she really is not sick which is normal if they have been vaccinated. Ok, I am done rambling! If you get a chance I would love more of your nursing/experienced mom advice!

Anonymous said...

Patty, you have to tell me how you make the strawberry/blueberry stuff for pancakes, that sounds really really good.