Wednesday, November 26, 2008

THANKFULNESS JOURNAL

I have so many blessings in my life. Seminary City had more blessings than we could see at that time in our life. And at this time -I am really trying to see all of our blessings as they are gracefully given by our Lord. One blessing I have never praised God for is that my children can communicate. In fact, any one who knows my children in the real world.....knows they can communicate very well, exceptionally well. They have practiced practically every minute of their life!!! Anything you want to know...or didn't know you needed to know; Luke and Leah are happy to announce!

The past 3 months, I have work in a Autistic classroom. All of the teachers...there are 3 plus me, are so excited when a word is spoke!! One little girl has been counting and saying Mommy and Dad!! WHAT JOY!!!!!! Seriously...there is a CELEBRATION and recorded for home. It is hard to feel like you are doing the best job you can, when your communication is so limited. My student signs a few words....but somedays is so distracted.

I am thankful my children can tell me their needs, feelings, love and excitement! I can truly be apart of their world and it is a GIFT!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amen!