Friday, November 28, 2008

Black Friday

Busy productive Black Friday. Aunt B and I braved the crowds for some good deals. I wanted to go more out of need to shop than the good deals (I have been so spoiled living in the big city). Of course I am not crazy (at least not overwhelmingly so) and we left the house about 6:30 AM. I am pleased with my purchases and prices. I also made it to ALDI's. I have been so spoiled with living near an ALDIs my entire adult life. Canned staples....especially vegetables are outrageous in a normal store!! So we bought cases of veggies and chili supplies at 1/2 price. I LOVE A GREAT DEAL!

The greatest blessing of all today is our appointment with Dr. C ---- Luke's pediatrician since 5 weeks old. She literally saved his life before his pyloric stenosis surgery and although we made do in Seminary City, we are close enough to drive for routine visits and I TRUST HER COMPLETELY!!!!! Today was a just med check and I kid you not.... she checked his eyes, ears and throat, neuromuscular reflexes, palpated his abdomen, checked for scoliosis, rashes, and goiters. MY KID IS HEALTHY!!!! I trust her completely. Luke said if was red and Dr. C said it was black......I'd agree with her! I visited with her nice nurses that reassured me so much when I was a neurotic new mother.....hopefully I am less so -- but nurse mothers are probably the worst!! Dr. C spent probably a half hour just talking, some about how his teachers can best help him stay focused and also sharing how she learned as a child. I left with such a feeling of complete joy that my child's pediatrician loves him just as much as any Dr. could and he is OK!!!!!! He has been a little worried about being smaller in stature than other 4Th graders....but he still is about 27% on height and weight and is 9 months younger than some of the others in his class. I am so reassured to see him charted on a height/weight scale. OK, Luke's neurotic nurse Mommy is still crazy, but definitely counts Dr. C as a blessing to be very thankful about!! (I did not see Dr. S, Ann....or I would have said Hi!!!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for you that you get to go back there! You have no idea how much I miss Dr. S. And I was going to say, Luke is young for his class. He has a late birthday. I'm so glad you get to go to Dr. C again.

Anonymous said...

Oh! And another thing, I think they are going to build an Aldi here in our town YAY! I love Aldi. I don't buy meat there, but all their canned/boxed/frozen stuff is way way way better quality than the Wal Mart brand. And if they build one here in town, I won't have to drive to the bigger city to go. Yay for Aldi! Don't forget your quarter...