Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Warning!!


Beware if you go out in nature with me......this is what you will see. Notice, my eyes are closed. I am that embaressed!! I so enjoyed going to the pumpkin farm.....my Dr was not as happy. I was fine until around 2 am when I began to have shooting pains in both ears and down my jawline. Ibuprofen barely touched the pain. Ice helped the most. I held out on Sunday and saw my routine Dr on Monday. The pain was better, but my jaw was so tight.....my speech was almost like my jaw was wired shut. Thank Goodness, I didn't need to do a lot of talking at work. I didn't have infection....just a hyperreactive responce to whatever I am allergic to outside...molds I guess, but my Dr feels it is more. I definitely now have a asthma diagnosis....but also have an obstuctive problem with my exhaling? This makes no sense to me. I am a Farm Girl--- why can't I be on a farm....or outside. So my choice is staying inside except for to and from the car or wearing a mask so my kids can be normal kids (and go to a park, go trick or treating etc.....). I see a pulmunologist in a couple weeks and the allergy Dr wants to wait on allergy shots until my asthma is under control. Now, I need to find some sort of mask to wear over my yellow mask to go trick or treating. Or perhaps I should just go as a Asthmatic nurse?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, my word...I feel so badly about the aftermath of the pumpkin patch visit. While I was enjoying a pumpkin pie blizzard, you were miserable.That isn't fair...I am so sorry.Please take care of yourself and I hope you are feeling better each day.Note to self:avoid collections of corn stalks that are surrounded by hay bales with minimal light shining through that require the participant to crouch down to enter, pass through and exit the maze. Partaking in such activity is hazardous to ones health :)