Tuesday, October 23, 2007

PUMPKIN PICKING









We had the best time picking pumpkins with our good friends......Spunky girl, Cheerleading Cutie, and their Mom, Kate.
The kids are the same age and are good friends. I think the best thing was catching up with Kate. We have so much in common....and she is learning the ropes of our new roles a little earlier than I am. Kate is so easy to talk too and is a great friend. We could have talked all day - but SB and CC said we were talking too much, after just a few minutes! Both families drove half way to this pumpkin farm with a hay ride, goats, face painting, straw maze, live music, bunnies and of course pumpkins. We had a great time, then drove to a local Mc Donalds with a outdoor play ground. What more could we want! The day was beautiful. We loved seeing our friends and hearing how God continues to bless their life. We had so much Fun! We miss you all! Hopefully next time the Dads and Volleyball Star can come as well.
The trip home as uneventful until we saw a school bus full of teenagers. The back 3 rows of teens all had alcohol in various brands and containers. They made no effort to hide what they were drinking. The only adult I saw was the bus driver. Back home all of the buses have the school distict on the side, not here. I would have called and reported the bus. I am still fuming over how wrong this is on so many levels. Kate and I had just been discussing the benefits of Christain school verus Public High School. From what I can see.....it's most important that I give my kids a really tight hug and kiss when they come home from any school trip. I know the schools either can't or won't set limits. I know Christain schools will set more limits....but I also know that many kids see limits as a challenge and play the "good kid" game all too well. I am glad Shark Boy saw this. We talked about all the reasons this was bad, as well as Mom and Dad will be watching to help him make good decisions in the future.
On our way home we stopped by B's cousin and his family to carve the pumpkins. B joined us and we had a wonderful time and the kids were TIRED....as was Mom. SB carved a Pokemon and MG picked out a complicated Ariel pattern....but Daddy did a great job!! Pictures will come later!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had a WONDERFUL TIME...it was so great to see you all.We pick right up where we left off and have no trouble talking like crazy :) How sad with the bus and the kids drinking.Those years ahead scare me...take good care. Kate :)

Ann said...

I'm tellin ya, Patty, get a laptop :) You'll LOVE it!!