Friday, July 9, 2010

Update

update


OK… Hope no one has held their breath since the last post. Yes, 5 weeks later. I’m typing in the car on vacation to update the last 4 months of activities deemed worthy to make the blog for family memory value. Some highlights:

Patty is working about 3 to 4 days a week in the local hospice house. These are regular hours…. Not PRN. So I have switch to a true PRN in Des Moines, and work about once a month. I’d love to work another Saturday or 2, but due to some new hires… the hours just are not there. I have been cross trained to also work the field hospice program to help out, but when the field is busy, so is the hospice house and it’s my first priority. I am considered an admission nurse again, so very few weekends. Mostly I work 8 to 5. Not bad , Not bad at all. As far as the rest of my time… it appear to be washing clothes and entertaining kids. The neighborhood shows up most every day. I some how was also feeding them mac and cheese and hot dogs. Fast stop to that and now they get tube popsicles, if the scissors get put away and tubes in the trash. I have been working on my scrapbooking room and touch up painting around the hours. Another new PW has moved to the area. She likes scrapbooking also… so hopefully she can get settled soon and some major scrap sessions can happen
Ed stays busy at church. One wedding and VBS done this summer. That was a lot of fun! Grandma moved to Des Moines and we were generously blessed with a garage full of tools and misc. things we had gave away when we moved to Sem City. Ed’s job is to find a place for all of it!
Luke has his cell phone. (We didn’t follow through on making him wait until he turned 27, like Mom had too) It’s really for Mom’s sanity as has a tracker on it and he goes to the Y most everyday to swim and stays home in the mornings. It’s working out well and although he has lost 2 pounds from all the exercise, he has also put on 2 inches. He is so happy to always have a friend to play with, and occassionaly talks one of the dads into taking him fishing.
Leah has just finished her Team gymnastic classes. She can do some AMAZING things. I think she does no less than 50 cartwheels daily. Right now we are working on back flips without hands! She also has so many little friends to play with. Her biggest worry is whether we will fall off the mountain or not!

No comments: