Saturday, October 25, 2008

Leah is 5!

I gave in and allowed my baby to turn 5 at 2:01 pm! My heart hurt, but hearing her say "I just can't stop smiling!!" is a soothing balm! Grandpa and Grandma are here for all of the fun and our little community had a downtown merchant trick or treat hour. It was 62 degrees and fun to go trick or treating with G'ma and G'pa. (I'm just hoping we don't pay on the real night with a blizzard). Here are our Clone trooper and Sapphire Princess (with Hannah Montana hair).



Back to the big day! We had a party tonight with G'pa and G'ma, Aunt C and local cousins. Miss T next door came over for Hannah Montana cupcakes and presents. Barbies, sparkly nail and lip kits, pink clothes, bracelets and Hannah Montana jammies and a wig brought huge smiles. Some extra nice cards came with gift cards and now Leah has an identical pucci pups -just like Miss T.(thanks Kate and Anna!). Mom and Dad of course gave Leah the American Girl doll, "Marissa". Aunt J sent some new homemade clothes (Mom is still working on some more), and Luke gave Marissa a stand and some red ballerina shoes. What a day!



Leah's eyes closed the minute her head hit the pillow.

Leah, I am so happy that I am your Momma. You are growing up so fast and I am conflicted with wishing you slowed down and stayed my baby, yet at the same time SO PROUD of what you can do and how excited you are to learn and be helpful. You bring such sparkle to our life. I love how you pretend to be shy....but really are not! I love how you can listen and be so thoughtful. I love how you remember to pray for people when you see an ambulance, and show such compassion in your beautiful eyes when someone is sad. I love your gleam when you are teasing and your dimple when joyful. I love how you are so excited for days to stay at home with me. I love your giggles that rock from your toes and how you can dance to any music (Even if I am so jealous that my spine and hips NEVER moved the same as you).I love how you say "I'm 'berry'.....(happy, hungry, tired etc..) I love our hair sessions, with you in the green chair and watching a princess movie...and how when I'm done you always say thank you! I LOVE YOU ESPECIALLY BECAUSE YOU ARE FIVE!!!! Thank you GOD FOR LEAH!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, sweet girl...we are "berry" blessed to know you and your sweet family. Anna and gang :)

Melissa said...

Happy Birthday! You are a blessing to this world!!

Anonymous said...

Precious beautiful Maleah. I miss you and your brother and mommy and daddy. I'm glad you had such a wonderful birthday <3