Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Guilt

I guess I thrive on guilt. All of the psychology books I've read and classes I've taken say it's not such a good thing. But I'm a real pro and haven't found the way to rid myself of it.

Right now.....

A --- guilty of washing Luke's Baseball uniform and then discovering the game is in 35 minutes! Would a good mother first make her 10 year old boy try on his 5 year old sister's purple baseball shirt inside out? Then in desperation, pull out wet 10 year old t-shirt, hand wring it and dry it alone in the dryer for 10 minutes? Of course, Luke needs to inform his coach and team, his missed warm up and is wearing a damp shirt!

B ---- Disappointed in *Jon and Kate*, but mostly in myself for watching reality TV. The kids were cute, just a little younger than my Leah... and it was kinda fun to watch the Mom's meltdowns over trival things. I really don't know why millions of us around the country like the reality TV shows. I guess it's voyerism, but it seems ok when the *stars* open up their life and get paid for it. I think they are sucked in too, and have little awareness of what price they will ulimately pay. I was a faithful viewer and it was fun. I know I wasn't the one to make the difference, the show has millions of people just like me following along. I would imagine there are other Mom's praying for this hurting family and wishing there wasn't such a lure for this type of program. Hopefully, this guilt will stick with me though and I'll remember the next time I look for a favorite show.

No comments: