Saturday, April 3, 2010

Dear Fashion Designer and Small Town store buyers,

Easter comes every Spring. And Easter clothes should reflect the same... that means light, happy colors. The blacks, greys, and deep purples are winter colors. Why does every blouse, skirt and dress (in my size) come only in black, grey or deep purple? Of course I did have the option of Alfred*Dunner outfits! And I briefly considered it's pastel Calla Lilies, until I realized I'd probably match an elderly lady at church! So This Pastor's wife is wearing a trusty black skirt with a deep purple blouse that has a fake dickey sewn in to hide cleavage (That is a whole other issue I could bring up!) But never fear, I have found a new friend in the pretty silky neck scarf! A whole wall full of options. I can find the deep purples combined with teal and a pretty pink and a little black... you know - Spring colors. Another plus with a scarf is hidden cleavage! So the Fashion world has figured out how to add another $12 to the price of an outfit to add color and cleavage control.

On a side note, with every store that I visited this week in small town mall's 3 department stores, plus the big box stores. I'd say to myself... "God does not care in the least what I wear to church, and even if my clothes are a dark color... what is in my heart matters the most. So true!!! Hopefully soon I'll be much more secure in my new role as PW.

Blessed Easter everyone!!!

No comments: